Today on the LEAD Women Podcast, Ashley and Carmen are talking about mentoring in a mess.
Our talking points include:
- Hard situations like this are out of the norm. Global Pandemics are not, nor would we ever want them to be frequent occurrences.
- Leaders want to learn, no, matter what it is that is happening.
- Leaders want to be at the epicentre of where the decisions are being made
- They want you to allow them to see you wrestle with the hard things (layoff, budget cuts, project halts, etc.).
- Leaders want to help solve problems.
- Leaders don’t want to read about what’s happening right now as a case study in future books; they want to be learning on the fly, with you!
- Choosing to do this will grow the confidence, competence, and capacity of your emerging leaders. Please make space for them.
Who could you be mentoring in this pandemic season?
Carmen & Ashley